New Moon Ski & Bike offers a full service bicycle repair department. Our goal is simple: To provide fast, efficient, cost effective service at reasonable rates. We strive to keep turn-around times to a minimum and will try to accommodate your travel or vacation schedule as much as possible. We're pretty busy with repair and service, so we won't sell you service or parts you don't need. All service is performed on a first come, first served basis. Feel free to call for current turn-around times. 715-634-8685.
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Air- Free! Just stop in with your bike.
- Adjustments- $10 and up. When a full tune-up is not needed.
- Tune-ups- typically $60-120, more in some cases. Covers the most common and basic adjustments and lubrication.
- Overhauls- $100-$200 depending on type of bike. When a bike needs a lot of work.
- Brake bleeds- usually $20-$35 per wheel. Keep your hydraulic brakes working like they’re supposed to. Some bleeds may cost more if problematic.
- Tubeless tire service- $20-30 per wheel. We’ll convert your tubed set-up, or refresh your sealant with fresh “Stans” sealant.
- Flat tire repair- typically $16-20 per wheel including new tube and labor, more for some bikes.
- Tire replacement- highly variable cost, we’ll help you pick the right tire.
- Broken spoke replacement- typically $25-$35 for the first spoke and $5-$10 per additional spoke per wheel. Individual spoke replacement can take A LOT of time, hence the high cost. A new wheel may be more sensible.
- Wheel truing- typically $15-$25 per wheel. If it requires more than $25, you probably need a new wheel!
- Wheel building- we’ll custom build your dream wheels. Stop in for a quote.
- Don’t see what you need? Just ask – we’re friendly and we don’t bite! 800-754-8685
Estimates are always free. Please understand that each repair situation is unique, and cost may vary significantly from case to case.
See you on the trails…
Dusty, Sam, Darrell, and Chris
BG FIT (Fit Integration Technology)
BG FIT (Fit Integration Technology) is a complete bicycle fit system that will allow anyone to ride faster, longer and in greater comfort while greatly reducing the chance of injury.
Both certified BG FIT technicians, Chris and Joel have been trained to analyze your body's unique attributes, pedal stroke and body position. Using the data gained during this assessment, they optimize your bicycle and equipment to match your biomechanical profile.
Specialized has created the only complete range of ergonomically enhanced bikes, equipment and apparel to complement our BG FIT bicycle fit system. Every piece works together to ensure perfect ergonomics at every contact point. All of the following can be customized for your particular body type and ride style: gearing, saddles, bike geometry, stem, handlebars, spacers, shoes, footbeds, shorts and gloves.
And, you don't have to ride Specialized to benefit from a BG Bike Fit. Chris or Joel can use the same proven science to help anyone on any bike get a better ride.
To make the BG FIT appropriate for all types of riders, there are three levels of bicycle fit. Each adjusts the bike to fit the body.
- Basic FIT — For Casual Riders.
The fastest way to custom fit the bike to body. Basic Fit focuses on comfort and control.
- 2D Comprehensive BG FIT — For Enthusiast Riders.
A truly custom fit that helps anyone ride faster, more safely and more comfortably.
- 3D Advanced BG FIT — For Elite Riders.
The highest level of custom fitting bike to body. 3D Advanced Fit results in maximum increases in speed, endurance and comfort.
If you haven't felt quite comfortable enough on your bike or you if you want to move up in the race results, give Chris or Joel a call at (715) 634-8685 to set up a fit appointment.