2013 Birkie Week at New Moon Ski & Bike Shop
WIN GREAT PRIZES!
Swix Triac Poles valued at $500
Toko HF Wax Kit valued at $350
New Moon Gift Card valued at $100
Sign up in-store only. No purchase necessary. Entries accepted through March 31, 2013.
New Moon will have special hours over Birkie week. Tentatively, we will be open as follows:
|Thurs. 2/21||Fri. 2/22||Sat. 2/23
|Sun. 2/24||Mon. 2/25||Tues. 2/26—
|9 a.m.—5 p.m.||9 a.m.—7 p.m.||9 a.m.—8 p.m.||OPEN! 1p.m.—5p.m.||9 a.m.—4 p.m.||9 a.m.—5 p.m.||Closed For Inventory|
Last Call for Stone Grinding
New Moon will be accepting skis through the end of business hours - 4pm on Sunday, February 17th for our last stone grinding batch before Birkie. Due to time constraints Birkie week, we are unable to take any stone grind skis later than the 17th. Skiers are welcome to ship skis to us before the deadline, then pick them up at the shop during race week or send them right into our Birkie Wax Service. For the Birkie, typical race conditions often fall safely into the "overlap" range for both our "OMW" cold grind and our "Uni" grind. Barring a super cold or warm and wet Birkie, both will perform well. For more info, view the stone grinding page and grind service form. Our weekly grinding schedule will resume after Birkie.
Birkie Waxing Service
Important – please read carefully.
Birkie is supposed to be fun! Attention to the details below will help us do a better job, and help you have a great race. Have a great Birkie!
Wax service is first come, first served, and may fill to capacity. Prepayment is required. We generally fill-up around mid to late Friday before Birkie. We are not able to reserve or “hold” spots for waxing .
Options for Delivery:
1) Drop off skis at New Moon Ski Shop in Hayward WI. If dropping skis off at New Moon, service forms will be completed at that time.
2) Ship skis to New Moon Ski Shop, 15569 US Highway 63N, Hayward,WI, 54843. Be sure to pack your skis securely and insure them. Please, NO PACKING PEANUTS. Need a box? We'll ship you a custom, telescopic ski box for $12. Call us if you have questions on packing skis. If SHIPPING your skis, please plan on delivery to New Moon on or before Tuesday, February 19th. This allows time for weather delays and mis-deliveries to be resolved. Complete THIS FORM if shipping skis for Birkie waxing.
ALL Birkie Wax Service skis will be available for pick-up at New Moon from 5pm to 7pm on Friday before the race. Waxing is done off-site, and final wax choices are made and applied on Friday.
Birkie Wax Menu:
- Pure Fluoro $85: World Cup grade waxing for maximum possible durability and glide performance. This service includes several preparation layers and pure fluoro topcoat such as Swix CeraF or Toko Jetstream.
- Low Fluoro $45: High value performance for Citizen racers. This service also includes several prep layers and a final layer of low fluoro wax such as Swix LF or Toko LF.
- Kick Wax $30: Includes all necessary binder and kick wax layers. Usual wax choices include Toko Base Green Hardwax, Toko Nordic Hardwaxes, and Swix V and VR Hardwaxes. Read notes below.
For kick wax customers, please mark your kick zone. If you are unsure, please indicate your weight and experience in detail on the order form. We'll help you determine your kick zone.
Our Birkie kick wax application provides optimal kick on the climbing-intensive Birkie and Korte Trails. Classic participants that prefer flat-out speed in lieu of kick should consider kick waxing their skis themselves based on their preferences and experience. And always, classic skiers need to carry some kick wax and a cork, and have a back-up plan if conditions change or more kick is needed. We'll provide recommendations for back-up waxes.
Please contact New Moon with any questions:
800-754-8685 – 715-634-8685 – email@example.com