***Wax Service Refund Policy***
With warm temps, Friday events have been moved to Saturday, but final distances and details are yet to be determined. If you wish to remove your skis from wax service for a STORE CREDIT REFUND, be sure to do so by 10am, 2/22. Thanks!
Enjoy Birkie Week - leave the waxing to New Moon!
Choose from low-fluoro or pure-fluoro glide waxing, as well as classic binder wax options. Final wax choices are made Thursday and Friday only after the weather forecast for race day stabilizes. Be sure to drop-off or ship your skis scraped and stripped of all glide and kick wax, if applicable. Dirty skis will incur additional clean-up charges. All Birkie waxing is done off-site; final wax coats are applied Friday.
Skiers may pick-up finished skis at New Moon Friday, Feb 24TH from 5PM to 7PM, not earlier. Skis will NOT be delivered to the start area on race day.
BIRKIE WAX MENU
Pure Fluoro Glide $89: For both Skate and Classic skis. Treat your skis to World Cup-grade waxing for maximum possible durability and glide performance. This service includes many preparation layers and final topcoats such as Swix, Toko, Fastwax, Rex, or Start pure fluoros.
Low Fluoro Glide $60: For both Skate and Classic skis. High value performance for Citizen racers. This service also includes several prep layers and a final layer of wax such as Swix LF, Toko LF, Fast Wax, Rex LF, or Start LF.
Binder Wax $35: For Waxable Classic skis only. Includes all necessary kick zone prep and binder layers. Final race-day kick wax will not be applied. Final kick wax application is the skier's responsibility. Common binder choices for our Birkie Wax Service include Toko Base Green and Swix VG35. Very important - Please read notes below...
For classic binder wax customers, please mark your kick zone. If you are unsure, please indicate your weight and experience in detail in the 'comments' field when ordering wax service; we'll help you determine your kick zone. Classic skiers will need apply their final kick wax and carry a back-up kick wax or two and a cork during the race to accommodate changing conditions or if more kick is needed. We'll provide detailed recommendations for back-up waxes and wax experts will be on-hand at New Moon Thursday and Friday before Birkie to assist with technical questions. In addition, kick wax supplies can be found at Birkie and Korte food stations.
A few simple steps to follow:
1) Pre-order Birkie Wax Service here on this page.
2) Print your order confirmation and secure to your skis with masking tape.
3) Mark your skis with your name and phone # on masking tape.
4) Drop your skis off at New Moon OR carefully pack, insure, and ship your skis to:
New Moon Birkie Wax Service,
15569 US Hwy 63,
Hayward WI 54843
5) Allow sufficient travel or transit time so that your skis arrive at New Moon on or before Tuesday, Feb 21ST to guarantee your spot for Korte and Haakon skiers, and by Wednesday Feb 22ND for Birkebeiner skiers. Later in the week, space in our Birkie Wax Service is first come, first served.
6) Skiers also may simply drop off skis anytime at New Moon without pre-ordering if there is still space available.
7) Ski Pick-up: Skiers may pick-up finished skis at New Moon Friday, Feb 24TH from 5PM to 7PM, not earlier. Skis will NOT be delivered to the start area on race day.
Good Luck at the 2017 American Birkebeiner!