Enjoy Birkie Week - leave the waxing to New Moon!
For both Skate and Classic skis. Race prep at a lower cost. Everyone should enjoy fast skis. This option is an affordable option for the more casual racer.
*Note to Classic Skiers: To avoid additional charges please make sure all kick wax is removed prior to drop off.
A Few Simple Steps to Follow:
1) Pre-order Birkie Wax Service here on this page.
2) Print your order confirmation and secure to your skis with masking tape.
3) Mark your skis with your name and phone # on masking tape.
4) Drop your skis off at New Moon OR carefully pack, insure, and ship your skis to: New Moon Prince Haakon Wax Service, 15569 US Hwy 63, Hayward WI 54843
5) Allow sufficient travel or transit time so that your skis arrive at New Moon on or before Wednesday Feb 19th. Beginning Thursday the 20st, walk-ins for Prince Haakon Waxing are first come, first served, and will be cut off at some point.
6) Skiers also may simply drop off skis anytime at New Moon without pre-ordering if there is still space available.
7) Ski Pick-up: Haakon skiers may pick-up finished skis at New Moon Thursday, Feb 20st from 5pm to 7pm, not earlier. Skis will not be delivered to the start area on race day.
If you wish to have New Moon ship your skis back to you post-race, please make arrangements with us during your Birkie visit.
Good Luck at the 2020 Prince Haakon!
Skin Ski Treatment $15: For Classic Skin skis. Includes skin pattern cleaning and high-performance glide anti-icing and glide treatment applied to the skin pattern. Important for all snow conditions, but vital for dirty or wet snow conditions.
Binder Wax $35: For Waxable Classic skis only. Includes all necessary kick zone prep and binder layers. Final race-day kick wax will not be applied. Final kick wax application is the skier'sresponsibility. Common binder choices for our Birkie Wax Service include Toko Base Green and Swix VG35 or klister binder if appropriate. Very important - Please read notes below... For classic binder wax customers, please mark your kick zone. Skiers will need apply their final kick wax and carry a back-up kick wax or two and a cork during the race to accommodate changing conditions or if more kick is needed. We'll provide detailed recommendations for back-up waxes and wax experts will be on-hand at New Moon Thursday and Friday race week to assist with technical questions. In addition, kick wax supplies can be found at some food stations.