We've never been ones for dogmatic rules. And with a little defiance of the UCI's rule book, the Shiv sets the new standard for speed—again. It keeps its aero, fuel, and fit focus, but does so in an entirely new and novel way. Yes, it has disc brakes. Yes, it's easy to travel with. And yes, it takes aero to unheard of heights using storage and fit features that also make you faster. There's only one bike that's going to help get you to the top of the podium this season and that's the Shiv Disc.
- The incredibly aerodynamic, crosswind-optimized, and non-UCI-legal FACT carbon frame features all the details you’ve asked for. It’s packable, adjustable, has our Hydration and Nutrition Fuelcell systems, and it makes it easy to find your perfect fit. Compared to the fastest 2011 Shiv setup possible (Fuelcell, slammed bars, clean cable routing, BTA bottle), the Shiv Disc is nearly a minute faster over the Kona course. With a more typical
Shiv setup, the Shiv Disc is faster by minutes—plural. So, no matter how much you need to carry, you’re sure to have the fastest setup come race day.
- What was that about storage? Just like with the original Shiv, the Shiv Disc features both Hydration and Nutrition Fuelcell storage options, but we didn't simply reuse them. Instead, we designed them from the ground up. We moved the Hydration Fuelcell from inside the frame to the rear of the bike. Now, it's entirely hidden within the frame (even the hydration hose), which not only allows for more fluid capacity, but it also helps with aerodynamics. The Nutrition Fuelcell utilizes the additional volume created by the "New Shape of Speed" for the down tube, and this creates plenty of room for snacks. How many snacks? 10-12 gels, 4-5 bars, or 5-6 chews fit with ease, and it can also be removed to easily access the Shimano Di2 A-Junction Box or a flat repair kit
- We also made sure that the Shiv is plenty adjustable for you to dial-in your fit. The frame comes in four different sizes that are based on over 1,000 Retül fits with actual athletes, all to ensure that your ideal fit is achievable. Our Shiv Finder tool makes it easy to determine your size based on your current position, so getting your most powerful aerodynamic position is easily achievable.
- Adjustability was also high on the list for the aerobars, extensions, and arm pads, so the cockpit is adjustable on nearly every access. Need more or less base bar stack? Simply loosen a single bolt on each side and tilt it up or down. The aerobars, themselves, also offer plenty of adjustability—fore, aft, and pad width, all with aggressive and relaxed positions in mind. An added bonus of this adjustability is the ease of travel. All you have to
do is fold the base bar down to the fork, unbolt the cockpit, and your Shiv is ready for the bike box. We couldn't make it any easier.
Electronic drivetrain systems deliver excellent shifting, easy set up, and solid battery life. Here are the highlights of today’s electronic shifting systems:
Electronic shifting systems use powerful servomotors to rapidly shift the chain. Because microprocessors and sensors constantly monitor every aspect of the system, they shift with precisely and without chain rub.
Many major systems have customizable shifting. Some have the ability to add remote shifters for common riding positions, and some even allow you to change the functions of the shifting buttons.
Electronic groupsets are responsive and consistent. There are no cables to stretch and wear out, so you get a flawless shift every time. The added bonus is you’ll never have to replace a derailleur cable ever again.
Pedals sold separately
|Frame||S-Works FACT 11r carbon, FACT IS construction, crosswind-optimized airfoils, OSBB, Integrated Fit System, Integrated Nutrition and Hydration Fuelcell, flat-mount disc brakes|
|Fork||FACT 11r carbon, integrated Fit System, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle|
Front: Roval CLX 64 Disc rim, Roval AFD1, Center Lock, CeramicSpeed bearings, 21h
Rear: Roval CLX 64 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, Win Tunnel Engineered, 64mm depth, DT Swiss 240 internals, CeramicSpeed bearings, 24h
|Tires||Turbo Cotton, 320 TPI, 700x24mm|
|Crankset||S-Works Power Cranks, dual-sided power measurement, +/- 1.5% accuracy|
|Bottom Bracket||OSBB, CeramicSpeed bearings|
|Chain||Shimano Dura-Ace, 11-speed|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 R9150, braze-on|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano Dura-Ace 9100, 11-speed, 11-28t|
|Handlebars||Specialized Shiv Aerobar, carbon, variable stack adjust|
|Brakes||Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 9170, hydraulic disc|
|Saddle||Sitero Pro, carbon rails|
* Subject to change without notice.