Bicycle Repair & Maintenance
Service Package Options
For the most comprehensive service and the best value, we recommend choosing one of our complete tune-up packages. Please understand that each is unique and cost may vary from case to case. All service is performed on a first come, first served basis. Feel free to call for current turnaround times. (715) 634-8685.
Estimates are always free.
This service plan is designed to help keep your new bike running well or make your old bike safe to ride again with its current equipment.
- Quick Release Check
- Check Nuts and Bolts Torqued
- Confirm derailleurs are in working order
- Safety check brakes
- Minor wheel adjustments
- Tire inspection and inflation
- Lubricate chain
Recommended at least once/year for normal riding wear and tear. Safety Check Tune Up+
- Front & Rear Derailleur Adjustments
- Front & Rear Brake Adjustments
- Headset Check
- Clean & Lube Drivetrain
- Frame Wipe Down & Light Cleaning
- Adjust headset
- Adjust hubset
- Adjust bottom bracket
- Installation of brake pads if needed (parts not included)
Performance Tune Up
For quality and having an optimally-performing bike to hit the most challenging single-track. Full Tune Up+
- Derailleur Pulley Reconditioning
- Thorough Bike Cleaning
- Hub & Bottom Bracket Adjustment
- Tubeless Inspection and Refresh
- Ultrasonic Chain Cleaning
- Rex Chain Wax and Application of Race Day Spray Chain Coating
- Reset Front & Rear Shock PSI
- Drivetrain Inspection, Cleaning and Fine-tuning
Starting at $200+ - Call or Stop by For Service Estimate
Recommended once/year in the case of heavy riding in wet & muddy conditions (CX bikes, Commuters, MTB, Winter Fat Bikes and E-bikes)
Full Tune Up+
- Full disassembly, inspection, service, and reassembly
- Hydraulic brake bleeding
- Suspension fork lowers, shock air can, and dropper post service
- Drivetrain removal and cleaning
- Drivetrain reinstallation, inspection, and fine-tuning
Ala Carte Options
- Adjustments - $10 and up. When a full tune-up is not needed.
- Brake bleeds - usually $20-$35 per wheel. Keep your hydraulic brakes working like they’re supposed to. Some bleeds may cost more if problematic.
- Tubeless tire service - $20-30 per wheel. We’ll convert your tubed set-up, or refresh your sealant with fresh “Stans” sealant.
- Flat tire repair - typically $16-20 per wheel including new tube and labor, more for some bikes.
- Tire replacement - highly variable cost, we’ll help you pick the right tire.
- Broken spoke replacement - typically $25-$35 for the first spoke and $5-$10 per additional spoke per wheel. Individual spoke replacement can take a lot of time, hence the high cost. A new wheel may be more sensible.
- Wheel truing - typically $15-$25 per wheel. If it requires more than $25, you probably need a new wheel!
- Wheel building - we’ll custom build your dream wheels. Stop in for a quote.
- Don’t see what you need? Just ask - we’re friendly and we don’t bite! (715) 634-8685
Your Bike Repair Experts
New Moon Ski & Bike offers a full-service bicycle repair department. Our goal is simple: To provide fast, efficient, cost-effective service at reasonable rates. We strive to keep turn-around times to a minimum and will try to accommodate your travel or vacation schedule as much as possible. We're pretty busy with repair and service, so we won't sell service or parts you don't need. See you on the trails!
Contact us to schedule your bike service today.
Home Bike Repair
We recommend having a few products at home to help you keep your bike in excellent working condition between your annual tune-ups. We have an excellent selection of essential tools, lubricants and cleaning products, and quality work stands. Shop online and pickup your items for free on your next shop visit.