Enjoy Birkie® Week - leave the waxing to New Moon!
Power to the podium with the fastest possible skis with New Moon's Waxing Service for Birkie®. Our wax techs carefully study the snow conditions and test waxes to provide you with World-Cup grade performance. All skis are carefully cleaned and prepared with the fastest race waxes available. Various hot wax, liquid wax, and pure fluoro top coats are tested to determine the ideal waxing protocol for your race skis. Only after the best possible combination is found do we proceed with your final race-day application.
*Note to Classic Skiers: To avoid additional charges please make sure all kick wax is removed prior to drop off.
A Few Simple Steps to Follow:
1) Pre-order Birkie Events Wax Service here on this page.
2) Print your order confirmation and secure to your skis with masking tape.
3) Mark your skis with your name and phone # on masking tape.
4) Drop your skis off at New Moon OR carefully pack, insure, and ship your skis to: New Moon Birkie Wax Service, 15569 US Hwy 63, Hayward WI 54843
5) Allow sufficient travel or transit time so that your skis arrive in a timely manner.
Skis will not be delivered to the start area on race day.
If you wish to have New Moon ship your skis back to you post-race, please make arrangements with us during your Birkie visit.
Good Luck at the 2020 American Birkebeiner!
Korte/Prince Haakon: We will be accepting skis until 1pm Thursday. Skis are guaranteed for pickup by 6:00pm Thursday.
Birkie®: We will be accepting skis until 10am Friday. Skis are guaranteed for pickup by 6:00pm Friday.
New this year:
- Thursday Expo drop-off option: Drop your skis off at the Birkie Expo on Thursday 10am to 8pm. Look for the New Moon trailer outside the expo entrance. Ski drop-off still available at New Moon store location. *See Korte/Haakon 1pm cutoff above*
- We'll text you when the skis are ready for pickup! Ski pick up is guaranteed by 6 pm Thursday for the Korte & Prince Haakon. 6pm Friday for the Birkie. However, we will be texting as batches of finished skis arrive.
Skin Ski Treatment $15: For Classic Skin skis. Includes skin pattern cleaning and high-performance glide anti-icing and glide treatment applied to the skin pattern. Important for all snow conditions, but vital for dirty or wet snow conditions.
Binder Wax $35: For Waxable Classic skis only. Includes all necessary kick zone prep and binder layers. Final race-day kick wax will not be applied. Final kick wax application is the skier'sresponsibility. Common binder choices for our Birkie Wax Service include Toko Base Green and Swix VG35 or klister binder if appropriate. Very important - Please following notes: For classic binder wax customers, please mark your kick zone. Skiers will need apply their final kick wax and carry a back-up kick wax or two and a cork during the race to accommodate changing conditions or if more kick is needed. We'll provide detailed recommendations for back-up waxes and wax experts will be on-hand at New Moon Thursday and Friday race week to assist with technical questions. In addition, kick wax supplies can be found at some food stations.