Enjoy Birkie® Week - leave the waxing to New Moon!
Power to the podium with the fastest possible skis with New Moon's Waxing Service for Birkie®. Our wax techs carefully study the snow conditions and test waxes to provide you with World-Cup grade performance. All skis are cleaned and prepared with base preparation and low fluoro waxes before final prep with high fluoro and pure fluoro final top coats. A combination of traditional fluoro powders and blocks will be used in addition to new-generation fluoro liquid, gels, and slurries. Only after the best possible combination is found do we proceed with your final race-day application.
*Note to Classic Skiers: To avoid additional charges please make sure all kick wax is removed prior to drop off.
A Few Simple Steps to Follow:
1) Pre-order Birkie events Wax Service here on this page.
2) Print your order confirmation and secure to your skis with masking tape.
3) Mark your skis with your name and phone # on masking tape.
4) Drop your skis off at New Moon OR carefully pack, insure, and ship your skis to: New Moon Birkie Wax Service, 15569 US Hwy 63, Hayward WI 54843
5) Allow sufficient travel or transit time so that your skis arrive at New Moon on or before Wednesday. After that. space in our Birkie Wax Service is first come, first served, and might fill up.
6) Skiers also may simply drop off skis anytime at New Moon without pre-ordering if there is still space available.
Skis will not be delivered to the start area on race day.
If you wish to have New Moon ship your skis back to you post-race, please make arrangements with us during your Birkie visit.
Good Luck at the 2020 American Birkebeiner!
Skin Ski Treatment $15: For Classic Skin skis. Includes skin pattern cleaning and high-performance glide anti-icing and glide treatment applied to the skin pattern. Important for all snow conditions, but vital for dirty or wet snow conditions.
Binder Wax $35: For Waxable Classic skis only. Includes all necessary kick zone prep and binder layers. Final race-day kick wax will not be applied. Final kick wax application is the skier'sresponsibility. Common binder choices for our Birkie Wax Service include Toko Base Green and Swix VG35 or klister binder if appropriate. Very important - Please read notes below... For classic binder wax customers, please mark your kick zone. Skiers will need apply their final kick wax and carry a back-up kick wax or two and a cork during the race to accommodate changing conditions or if more kick is needed. We'll provide detailed recommendations for back-up waxes and wax experts will be on-hand at New Moon Thursday and Friday race week to assist with technical questions. In addition, kick wax supplies can be found at some food stations.